...or so says Barry Schwartz in a TED talk about the Paradox of Choice. Not too much choice or it simply defeats the purpose, too little and it seems we are lacking freedoms. So how do we get it just right? By "right" I don't mean from a marketing perspective that is obvious from Schwartz's talk, but I mean from a human perspective -- making choices for ourselves, how to lead our lives, how to be happy as human beings.
Submitted by jon on February 24, 2009 - 12:40pm
- "The key to happiness is low expectations"
- mind control!
- Put your touch screens away, it's time to get spatial
- money money money
- stepping out of the mud
- Information Overload is not the problem
- Re-gaming thought
- Data viz humor
- 10 interfaces of the future?
- Ravin Balakrishnan - a very productive interface developer
art choice company computation gadget games google happiness haptics HCI humor information infovis interface internet knowledge lagrange light links money music new media olafur eliasson politics programming research resources science search engines social networks spam television touchscreen vision Western thought wikipedia